Use of our Website
Scope of Policy
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website confirms your acceptance of these terms.
It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website. However, particular areas of this website will only be accessible only if you have registered.
- This website may be used for your own private purposes and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
- All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice
Visitor Provided Material
When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
- for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website.
- which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
Links to Other Websites
Throughout this website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
- you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing.
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website
- the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party
- By linking to this website you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
- All material contained on this website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this website at your own discretion.
- We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, which cannot be excluded, or under the law of the United Kingdom.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. Any dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Scope of Policy
- Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Southpaw may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- To ensure that there is no misunderstanding on how we handle your data, we will
- Always keep your data safe and private
- Never sell your data
- Allow you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Ways we Collect Information about You
We will collect information in the following ways:
- Opt in marketing functions via a 3rd party email messaging system
- Any information or details given, in person, to an authorised member of staff.
- Information given to us over the phone
- Information given while corresponding with us (such as by email or chat functions)
- Information you have given us, by filling in forms on the website (www.southpaw.co.uk),
What Information we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Job Title
- Invoice Address
- Postal Address
- Business Name or Organisation affiliated with
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
What we do with the Information we Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
- Internal record keeping
- To process your order and obtain payment
We want to make it crystal clear how we use your data for marketing purposes and how you can 'opt-out' from receiving any marketing communications from us whenever you want.
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can “Opt Out” any any point and we provide easy ways to do this on all our our marketing materials
- We may use your personal data (such as your Submitted Information) to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
- We will never pass on your personal data with any 3rd party for marketing or promotional purposes
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by adjusting your marketing preferences by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or emailing us at email@example.com
Disclosure of Your Information
We will disclose the data we collect from you to certain third parties who use personal data in delivering their services to us, they use data securely and confidentially and under strict contractual controls in accordance with data protection laws and enforced by Southpaw.
We send personal data to the following sets of data processors in order to provide our Services:
- Companies within the Southpaw group in order to provide a unified service across all of our products and services
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
- Banking and financial services partners
- Cloud storage providers to safely and securely store your data with Southpaw
- Fraud prevention agencies to verify your identity, protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws
- We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- If Southpaw, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our 3rd party partners secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using SSL technology or a secure virtual private network. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Legal Rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see below to find out more about these rights: You have the right to:
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, which you can then transfer to an applicable third party.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This is in situations where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you require this, then please reach out to our team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
List of Cookies we Collect
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|